Sunday, April 1, 2012

** Groovy Flower Power Retro Re-Do **


I always loved the 70's style, I am not even sure why...well ...  
minus the awful poison Green & Orange wall paper of course and some of the strange looking fashion styles ... 
Then again never mind about that because those flared hip hugger jeans and little funkydelic t-shirts somehow took over my closet yet once again ;P
Anyway ... 
I love how all this Retro Decor style is slowly but surely making a come back into everyone's home and I noticed that more and more of my customers are going back to that cool retro look, which I think its great because it makes me have even more fun with this business of mine :)
Of course many people believe that they absolutely have to dive into one of the modern high priced furniture stores just so they can be "groovy" with style! 
Perhaps there are times that you should check in the high end shop first, especially when you are planning on purchasing a larger furniture piece but for all the other things I recommend a couple other places, 
like your local flea market or your neighborhood yard sale, 
because those are some of the best places to find retro stuff ...
It's just like the say -->
"One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure" 
and trust me I know because that has been the truth for me several times while hunting for special treasures...

- NC State Surplus  - Furniture for under $10.00 -
However several years ago I learned that our local "NC State Surplus" office (or any State Surplus office) is "the" place to go if you are looking for some nice well made retro furniture pieces - for your next flower power re-do project!

I can assure you that you will have absolutely no problem finding some real pretty but funky looking fabric. As far as I know it is on sale everywhere or at least with my favorite fabric vendors ...

Anyway long story short - 
Just check out the beautiful pieces below ... 



Amazing what can become of a ugly duckling piece of furniture after just a few hours of well deserved TLC ....

> Before <
> After <

Or how about this beauty .... 
 


Now this fabric pattern is the absolute, and I mean absolute hit this year! You MUST have something in your house with this style or you are simply not "hip" ....


 If you ask me - yellow never looked more beautiful ...

                           Estimated found at a State Surplus for $10.00 ea + 5 yard of yellow Fabric ....



Now let's say ... 
You suddenly remember that you actually have an old chair hidden in that back corner room and think that with a little "Re-Do Magic"
it would make a great added furniture piece .... but you not sure about doing this yourself ... well just contact us 

               We are more then happy to do the Re-Upholstery job for you :)