Sunday, March 4, 2012

Beautiful Wall Art for less.... a lot less :-)

 I believe that pictures and art work are just as important as beautiful draperies on windows
Although I am sure many artists do deserve to be paid hundreds or thousands for their art, but I never was one nor was I able to spend a small or large fortune on these finer things.
But on the other hand I didn't want to go without art, so one has to be creative on budget!
***** 
I my eyes anything displayed in your house should be a reflection of you and your family or a reflection of all the things you love.
As for myself, well it took me a while trying to figure out what type of art I wanted to display that best reflected me and my family. 
What came to mind, ever since I've been living in this awesome country I noticed one thing about most Americans, all were so very proud of their heritage, their family history or the places they have been. 
What a perfect idea to reflect on my history and where I came from, my old home and all the beautiful places I had visited and now are so far away.
*****


OK, I figured out what type of art I was going to display, next was to to find everything needed on a low budget of course!
I personally liked the picture arrangement shown to the right. This arrangement will give me the opportunity to display all the beautiful places that I lived or I have traveled to in one area. 
My own history all in one spot, 
because pictures will speak a thousand words.....
***** 
Frames Frames Frames -where to get frames!?
Remember we are on a budget, of course we could order
them from one of the fancy on-line stores or buy them at one of the local stores, but in my opinion once it is all put together no one will care where you bought the frames!
So, why not visit the local "Dollar Store" - Yes I said it the Dollar Store! Believe it or not they have a pretty good selection of picture frames.
I found a few of wooden frames and since I preferred for my frames to be in plain black I made sure that the ones that weren't black could be painted. 
***** 
Now where to find our art work.....
Of course once again you can order them on-line and I can recommend www.art.com
They have a huge selection and very reasonable prices, at times you can find pictures for less then $2.00. 
OR
you can use our beloved internet and of course"google it" (i.e. Poster art/European places). If you prefer to find your art on-line it would be helpful if you are familiar with using photo shop or a similar Photo editing tool.
Once you find something you like, simply "right click" and save photo/picture to your computer. Next open it in your photo shop application to edit and re-size it (i.e. 5x7)
and last but not least print it. Preferably using thicker or aged/fancy paper.                                                            Now frame them, hang them 

and voila all done! 

*****

10 Picture frames: $10.00
Fancy print paper: $  2.00
Displaying history: * Priceless *